Combitech accelerates to ensure a functioning society beyond force majeure
The Nordic tech solution and consulting partner Combitech, which together with its customers and partners creates resilient businesses and societies, today releases its report for the year 2022. During a year characterized by a complex geopolitical situation in terms of both security and economy, Combitech continues to grow organically in turnover as well as in number of employees while maintaining operating profit at the same level as last year. Focus is on further strengthening the total defense, vital societal functions, and the community preparedness, as well as on the intensified work to lead the industry's rapid digital transition to smart and safe manufacturing.
- We have together with our customers accelerated the work to strengthen the total defense and the crisis preparedness to meet tomorrow's challenges. We are convinced that the business sector plays a key role in creating a resilient society. The work with our Nordic customers in sectors such as energy, transport, defense, finance and telecom has therefore been intensified. This year's dramatic development shows that society needs to function beyond force majeure, says Jessica Öberg, CEO at Combitech.
Important events January – December 2022
- Combitech has won significant and extended framework agreements with several actors in the public sector within total defense, both civil and military.
- Examples of framework agreements won: The Armed Forces regarding analysis and advice for user-friendliness and "human factors integration" (HFI), FMV regarding system security and MSB regarding, among other things, secure communication as well as consulting services within cyber security and crisis preparedness.
- Combitech continues to expand and support important industrial customers in the defense sector. New deals with assignments for BAE Systems Hägglund, Saab, BAE Systems Bofors has been won continuously during the year.
- Cooperation with the Finnish Armed Forces is intensified during the year through a framework agreement for managing the entire life cycle of critical systems in all situations.
- Significant growth in the energy sector, e.g. Svenska kraftnät and Jönköping Energi.
- Combitech and Holmen Iggesund have entered into an agreement where Combitech delivers a private 5G network giving outdoor and indoor coverage for Iggesund's use. The installation is the first step in Iggesund's ambition to create the smartest cardboard mill.
- An expanded collaboration with team deliveries in more parts of Ericsson.
- The net increase in number of employees during the year is 213.
Key figures January – December 2022*
*The year of comparison has been pro forma adjusted
Order intake during the period was SEK 3.469 million, an increase of 4 percent compared to same period 2021 (SEK 3.344 million).
Sales during the period amounted to SEK 3.399 million, an increase of 9 percent compared to the same period 2021 (SEK 3.116 million).
Profit and margin
Operating profit (EBIT) was SEK 267 million, an increase of 1 percent compared to last year (SEK 265 million). The operating margin amounted to 7.9 percent, compared to 8,5 percent 2021. The lower operating margin is explained by a couple of business units not reaching critical sales volumes 2022. There was also a significant one-time up-write in a large project during 2021.
Operating cash flow
Operating cash flow for the period amounted to SEK 177 million, compared to SEK 271 million 2021. The variance is explained by changes in the organizational structure.
For further information please contact:
Ulrica Matsers, Communications and Marketing Manager, Combitech
Tel: +46 734-46 00 70, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merton Kaplan, Head of Investor Relations, Saab AB
Tel: +46 734-18 20 71, Email: email@example.com